Three Color Dogfish M.2 Solid State Drive
- Three Color Dogfish2 SSD
- Non-magnetic tipscrewdriver
- Your system’s owner’smanual
If your SSD will become your new primary storage device, we recommend using data migration (cloning) software, to transfer data from an existing M.2 SSD to a new
- Data migration software ships free with most SSDs and isalso available from a variety of third party
- Staticelectricity can damage computer-related To protect your system and your new M.2 SSD from damage during the installation process, touch an unpainted metal surface on your computer’s frame or wear an ESD wrist strap before handling internal components. Either method will safely discharge static electricity that’s naturally present in your body.
- When handling your M.2 SSD, be sure to hold it along the side edges using your thumb and index Avoid touching the componentsand connectors, as damage can occur.
- This guide is for illustration purposes Please refer to your system's owner's manual for specific instructions, as M.2 orientationcan vary by system.
- Make sure you’re working in a static-safe Removeany plastic bags or papers from your work space.
- Shutdown your Once your system has been powered oG, unplug the power cable, then remove the battery.
- Hold the power button for 3-5 seconds todischarge residual electricity.
- Remove your system’s case Refer to your owner’s manualfor how to do this.
- Toprotect your new 2 SSD and internal components from static damage during the installation process, touch an unpainted metal surface on your computer’s frame or wear an ESD wrist strap before handling the M.2 SSD or internal components.
- Locate your computer’s 2 socket on the motherboard. Consultyour owner’s manual for the exact location.
- Remove the existing M.2 SSD from the M.2 socket (if applicable). Refer to your owner’s manual for how to safely removethe existing 2 drive.
- Insertyour 2 SSD into the M.2 socket according to the instructions in your system's owner's manual – especially if the socket is hidden or not visible. Align the notches on the
M.2 SSD with the ridges in the M.2 pocket, then insert. Do not force the connection.
- Tosecure the 2 drive, hold it along the side edges and lower it from the raised position until it sits on top of the support assembly. Then, while holding the M.2 SSD in position, insert screw into the support assembly, tightening as necessary to securely fasten the M.2 SSD in place. Do not overtighten the screw.
- Onceyour 2 drive has been securely fastened, replace your system’s case cover and reconnect the battery. Power on your system.
- If you didn’t migrate data from an existing drive, install operating system, drivers, utilities, and applications as Installation is now complete.
Helpful Diagrams for the Installation Process
If your M.2 SSD won’t fit into the M.2 socket, don’t apply extra pressure or attempt to force it into the socket. Instead, double check your system to ensure that you’re inserting the drive into the M.2 socket (this socket can look similar to others, but should be clearly labeled in your owner’s manual). If your M.2 SSD still won’t fit into the socket, contact Three Color Dogfish Technical Support.
If your system won’t boot once you’ve finished the installation, check all of the connections and cables inside your computer. When performing an installation, it’s easy to bump a cable and accidentally remove it from its connector, which can disable devices such as your hard drive. If your system still won’t reboot after you’ve checked every connection, contact Three Color Dogfish Technical Support.
When restarting your system after the installation, you may receive a message prompting you to update your system’s configuration settings. Refer to your owner’s manual for information on how to do this. If you’re still unsure, contactThree Color Dogfish Technical Support.
If your M.2 drive isn’t recognized by your system’s BIOS when you boot up, shut down your computer and reseat the drive (unplug it from the M.2 socket, then reattach it and fasten it in place using the installation steps noted above). After the drive has been reseated, turn on your computer. The BIOS should recognize the drive. If not, contact Three Color Dogfish Technical Support.
Drive: TRIM command, S.M.A.R.T. monitor system, ECC technology
Certification: TAA, RoHS, FCC, CE,WWN
Operating Temperature: 0℃--70℃
Storage Temperature: -40℃--85℃
Compared the 1-2 year warranty of other ssd products,
we provide 3-year warranty because we are confident in the high-quality ssd product.
If there are any problems with the ssd, please contact us freely and we will send you a new product for free.